Sutton conducts thousands of inspections throughout the Southeastern United States, Texas, and California each year, so we are always looking to expand our team of inspection professionals. We are currently seeking candidates who are dedicated to a high level of quality and customer service, who wish to join a dynamic and growing company.
Questions and Answers
What does Sutton do?
Sutton conducts on-site field insurance inspections for a variety of companies in order to help them make risk assessments for insurance purposes. Our inspectors serve as the eyes of the insurance underwriters who do not visit the sites in person. Sutton inspectors do a thorough examination of a location’s physical characteristics, exterior measurements, and general conditions. They also must take photographs and highlight any unusual hazards. These findings are summarized in a report and submitted to the insurance underwriter.
What qualifications are required?
The ideal Sutton inspector should:
- Be energetic.
- Be capable of consistently completing a high volume of insurance inspections.
- Be willing to travel.
- Be motivated, analytical, resourceful, and have good problem solving skills.
- Have solid written, composition, and verbal communication skills.
- Be self-starting and able to succeed working independently in a remote environment, away from the home office with only occasional direction.
- Be organized and able to manage an aggressive workload and to manage, prioritize, and schedule inspections timely and efficiently.
- Have the ability to exercise timely and independent judgment and make independent decisions.
Additionally, candidates are required to have:
- Microsoft Windows based PC of 800Mhz or higher
- Color monitor running 800 x 600 or higher resolution
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader version 10 or higher
- A color inkjet or laser printer
- A digital camera capable of interfacing with your PC
- Broadband (cable or DSL) internet connection
- Reliable and insured transportation
- A valid driver’s license
Do I need previous inspection experience?
Sutton offers contracts to people, not to experiences. Though some experience and expertise in certain fields can help you to conduct more effective and timely inspections. Some beneficial previous work experience includes:
- personal and commercial lines underwriting
- property claims backgrounds
- construction estimating
- architectural backgrounds
- real estate backgrounds
- fire inspectors (including firemen)
How much can I earn as a Sutton Inspector?
It’s up to you. Some Sutton inspectors earn in excess of $50-60K per year, with no cap. Your earnings as an inspector depend on your own desire, work ethic, inspection familiarization, and technical abilities.
How can I apply to become a Sutton Inspector?
It’s easy. Just forward your resume, along with a concise cover letter telling us what would make you an excellent inspector to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax your resume and cover letter to the attention of our human resources department at 727-384-6565.